Published: 3:55 amUpdated: 7:58 am
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. HUNGARY RAILWAY STATION STILL CLOSED TO MIGRANTS
Around 3,000 of them remain stranded in Budapest as Hungarian authorities are sticking to European Union rules and preventing them from leaving for Germany and other countries to the west.
2. OBAMA VISIT PUTS SPOTLIGHT ON RURAL ALASKA’S PLIGHT
The president will get a glimpse of life of Alaska Natives and others who live in more than 200 villages under conditions unimaginable in most of the U.S.
3. ARREST WARRANT ISSUED FOR TURKISH HUSBAND OF THAI SUSPECT
Emrah Davutoglu is facing charges of conspiracy to possess unauthorized war materials and is believed to have been “part of a network that provided accommodation” to those connected with the shrine bombing.
4. BIDEN TO TEST POLITICAL WATERS IN FLORIDA
The vice president is headed to Miami, where he’s sure to get a glimpse of his presidential prospects as he considers a late entry into the 2016 Democratic primaries.
5. KENTUCKY CLERK IN GAY MARRIAGE FIGHT SAYS TO HER, IT’S ‘A HEAVEN OR HELL DECISION’
Kim Davis has been divorced three times and has two children out of wedlock, then pledged her life to God about four years ago.
6. WORLD’S QUIRKIEST AIRLINE
North Korea’s Air Koryo is a unique ride, whose flight attendants speak no foreign languages and in-flight entertainment is limited to patriotic odes to the leader.
7. RECORDS REVEAL UNIVERSITY’S RESPONSE TO HOLMES
Documents obtained by The AP show that little was done aside from checking the theater shooter’s background after his psychiatrist shared concerns about his homicidal thoughts.
8. WHO LOOKS TO CRACK U.S. MARKET WITH SCOOTER
India’s largest SUV maker Mahindra hopes to win over city and campus dwellers with a $2,999, Vespa-like electric vehicle called the GenZe.
9. BOLD MOVE TO SAVE A MAN’S HAND
Frank Reyes’ left hand is surgically tucked under a pocket of tissue in his belly to give it time to heal and form a new blood supply.
10. WHICH CITY HOPES TO LAND 2024 SUMMER OLYMPICS
Los Angeles is named by the U.S. Olympic Committee as the American candidate for the games, replacing Boston’s soured bid.