Published: 7:45 pm, Fri. Dec. 14th, 2012
Bill Morton of Cherokee Builders secures the fan to the tower. The 1905 Eclipse wooden windmill was originally donated to the museum by Walter and Peggy Stone of Dexter after standing on the Stone farm for many years. Morton performed the restoration, replicating the original wooden parts exactly. The tower was made by Mitchell’s Windmill & Supply of Ft. Sumner, and the city’s Facilities Maintenance department loaned the use of a bucket truck and crew. The museum thanks Morton and Brandon Shaw of Cherokee Builders and Karl Reeve, Tommy Raglin, Michael Natividad and Tony Wolf of the city.