Published: 4:06 pm, Sun. Sep. 9th, 2018Updated: 4:04 pm
The Bureau of Land Management’s Carlsbad Field Office will host nine public meetings this month to provide information and answer questions related to the Carlsbad Draft Resources Management Plan (RMP) and Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
The meetings will be part of the ongoing 90-day public comment period that began Aug. 3.
The BLM invites the public to attend the following meetings and provide comments:
• Carlsbad: Monday, Sept. 17; 12:30-3 and 5:30-8 p.m.; Pecos River Village Conference Center, 711 Muscatel Ave.
• Artesia: Tuesday, Sept. 18; 12:30-3 p.m.; Central Valley Electric Cooperative, 1403 N. 13th St.
• Roswell: Tuesday, Sept. 18; 5:30-8 p.m.; Holiday Inn, 3620 N. Main St.
• Hope: Wednesday, Sept. 19; 5:30-8 p.m.; Village of Hope, 408 S. Second Ave.
• Albuquerque: Thursday, Sept. 20; 12:30-3 p.m.; Holiday Inn Albuquerque North I-25, 5050 Jefferson St. NE
• Jal: Tuesday, Sept. 25; 12:30-3 p.m.; Jal Community Center, 109 W. Panther Ave.
• Hobbs: Tuesday, Sept. 25; 5:30-8 p.m.; New Mexico Junior College, 5317 N. Lovington Hwy.
• Midland, Texas: Thursday, Sept. 27; 12:30-3 p.m.; Midland County Centennial Library, 2503 Loop 250 Frontage Road