Published: 1:33 pm, Sun. May. 20th, 2018Updated: 1:31 pm
The Artesia High School Business Professionals of America (BPA) group recently attended the organization’s national convention in Dallas, Texas, with positive results.
Competing against thousands of other students from across the nation, Artesia landed one student in the Top 10 in her event, two more in the Top 15, and four in the Top 20.
Briggith Chavez finished seventh overall out of a field of 54 in Advanced Office Systems and Procedures. Her high placement allowed her a trip onto the stage to collect her award.
Placing in the Top 15 in Fundamental Spreadsheet were Jaegen Bruton (12th) and Charisma Calderon (14th), while Top 20 finishers included the Administrative Support Team of Camille Douglas, Stran Hammond and Brooke Soleman (17th); Caleb Conley in Advanced Office Systems and Procedures (17th) and Advanced Word Processing (17th); and Beau Matthews in Intermediate Word Processing (17th).
Other students competing included:
• Brooke Soleman, Interview Skills
• Bailey Hardiman, Fundamental Desktop Publishing
• Kaylee Rojo, Digital Publishing
• Bayleigh Hogan, Fundamental Accounting
• Jaegen Bruton, Camille Douglas, Kimberlee Bennett and Charisma Calderon, Database Applications
• Stran Hammond, Advanced Spreadsheet Applications
• Beau Matthews, Basic Office Systems and Procedures
• Cristian Flores, Advanced Office Systems and Procedures